Saturday, September 10, 2005

Prayer of Jabez? Bah humbug

I'm always leery about those who think that they have an "in" with God and so think they will always be happy and successful (I have to put up with that kind of stuff here...but that's another story)...

They think they are "blessed" for their belief, and the rest of us sinners are poor/depressed/sick or whatever because we don't have the "in" with God...

Therefore I love this link...

Copies of The Prayer of Jabez began circulating in China in 2001. Many Christians began "talking endlessly about God expanding their borders and keeping them free from pain," says one Chinese pastor whose weekly prayer meeting shrunk to half its previous size.
"Instead of asking God to strengthen the Chinese church they pray for personal fulfillment. They ignore all the Bible except Jabez," he says.
Sun Young, 24, says he and other Christians are tired of hearing only about "the way of the cross."
"Jabez changed my life. I pray every morning, 'God, let your hand be with me and keep me from harm,'" he says.
Unlike his parents, he does not want to suffer for Christ, but rather hopes to flourish in his personal giftings. "Jabez showed us a new way," he says.


They also have a link about Sponge Bob being cured of his being gay...

and links for the hearing impaired, the visually impaired, for eunuchs, and for the bald...

No comments: