Tuesday, July 18, 2006

G-8 Summit in Pictures

BBC on line has a bunch of photos of the G8 summit...the "experts" note that Blair looked nervous and stiff, but that "Bush is a lot more media-savvy than people give him credit for..."

Last week, I watched part of Putin's interview with the BBC...LINK...and what is interesting is that he defended Bush, despite policy differences.

Reporters often ridicule Bush's comment that he looked into Putin's soul...so I find this exchange quite interesting:

What about George Bush's soul? What do you see there?

In the life of any political leader there's as we say the dark and light patches - it goes up and down - up and down. But irregardless of that - regardless of what his rating currently is, the main thing is for a politician to be a decent person and I believe President Bush is a decent person and to me he's a very comfortable partner. I cannot only talk to him, I can reach agreement with him.

I've had more than one chance to see that our opinions may vary - and they do - but we still arrive at some common grounds and he will take efforts, so I'm quite happy to say that such a person as Bush - not because he's the president of the United States but as a human being, I think I consider him one of the people I consider to be my friends.

No comments: