Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Family News

We've had blackouts on and off for the last two days. We run the generator, but alas when the workmen are welding, it's not strong enough to run our aircon, so I've been flat with the heat.

This is the reason I bought my own generator, but with the building, they "stored" it in the back and I can't use it.

I'm ready to go to the farm to relax. They have brownouts, but since it is located on a hill, it gets lots of wind, and it's not too hot right now. Also, I can't go outside here with the construction dust (I have asthma) so it's like being in a prison, and I'm in a foul mood.

So the email from Col. Updraft is a welcome cheer for me.

Lolo however is okay. And everyone else is busy with tradefairs selling our rice. We are expanding selling to a few supermarkets, so that is good news for both us and the local farmers who supply us with raw rice....since it is a "gormet" or "health" type brown rice (not as bitter as old fashioned brown rice due to special milling techniques) the price is better.

No comments: