Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ten things to be thankful for

John Hughes reminds us of things that are good.

And THIS LINK is to Thanksgiving songs...more can be foundHEREsuch as:

I Eat Turkey
(tune: Frere Jacques)

I eat turkey,
(Point to self)

I eat turkey.
(Point to self again)

Yes, I do, Yes, I do.
(Nod head)

Turkey in my tummy,
(Rub tummy)

Yummy, yummy, yummy.
Good for me,
(Point to self)

Good for you.
(Point to others)...

And, of course, turkeys are low in sodium and cholesterol.

So the multicultural Thanksgiving recipe of the day:Turkey fajitas

2 flour tortillas (approximately 6 inch diameter)
4 1/4 oz. boneless & skinless turkey breast
1 bell pepper
1 small onion
2 Tbsp. low-fat or nonfat sour cream
2/3 Tbsp. olive oil
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry peppers and onions until just tender, but still crunchy, about four to five minutes.Add strips of turkey breast to skillet and continue to stir fry, about five to seven minutes more, until turkey is no longer pink inside.

Serve by dividing turkey mixture and vegetables onto each tortilla, roll up and top with a tablespoon of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese.

No comments: