Monday, September 24, 2007

Family News

Yesterday we went to Daisy's mother's 70th birthday party. Alas, no photos (I mislaid the wire to recharge my camera battery). Ruby took some photos with her mom's cell phone, but I don't know if we can figure out how to download them...

It was held at the local KofC hall, and the hall was packed.

Lovely woman, great party.

What was interesting is that before the meal they had entertainment: Dancing.

Older ladies danced the fandango and the quadrille...I haven't seen these done since Lolo took me to a Spanish heritage celebration 15 plus years ago, when he danced the quadrille with Dr. Angie. They then had some local youngsters who won a modern dance contest in Singapore give two dances, and then they had some cha cha and easy dancing for anyone who wished to dance.

Daisy's mother danced with her grandsons.

Then we ate...but had to go home because it was a two hour drive and Lolo goes to bed early.

We had a great time.

No comments: