Wednesday, June 04, 2008

family news

Light blogging today.
I went to Manila to get my ID card,and found the servers were down. They took the Photo and refinger printed me (both manual for the file and electronic for the ID card biometrics) and then took a photo in which I look like the witch from hell...

We left at 5am so I couldn't see straight enough to put on my makeup.
We had a starbucks coffee when we arrived at immigration, but then we ate at Sbarro for lunch. I had lasagna since we can't get it here. Here in the Philippines we have spaghetti, with a sweetish tomato sauce (like Spaghettios for kids) and cheddar on top. And at our new mall, we have a Greenwich sandwich shop that serves Pizza...But Sbarro has the same pizza and spaghetti as the US...of course they also serve rice and fish.

Immigration took pretty long mainly because unlike the olden days they don't take bribes anymore...you have to go to each station one after another. Lots of Koreans, a couple white guys, and some who seem to be from the Middle East. No aircon of course.,,or maybe there was but it was so hot I couldn't tell.

When I got home at six pm, we ate, but when I went into the bedroom to put my stuff away,, we found the mama dog sleeping in my soft chair. When we came back aftere supper, she was still there, but had two puppies...

So we got the large wooden drawer and rug out of the closet and moved her and puppies to the floor. Then we had to clean up the chair...which we just reupholstered...luckily it was with fake leather, so cleaned up easiy.

This is her third litter since we had her "fixed"...the operation didn't work for her...at least this time she didn't have them on the guest sofa, or under the porch...

No comments: