Friday, January 30, 2009

Gift item of the day


Ergonomic crochet hooks.

However, PlanetJune says the ball doesn't fit her hand very well...

To me it looks like the hook is too far away from my palm, but then I don't use them.

My larger crochet hooks have a thickened handle the size of a toothbrush to help grip them; alas they are too small for my hand. So I ended up covering the handles with duct tape to fit.


I wonder if the handles similar to that used for arthritic/stroke patients on silverware would work better?

like this one on the right,

or like this one...

yes, it's HelloKitty silverware.


----------------


of course, if you are a cheapskate, just try this:

Remember those ugly foam hair rollers mom used to wear? Well, go dig them out of the attic or pick up a pack for a couple of bucks at a department store. Slide off the foam tubes, they make great cushy grips. Slide them on pens, pencils, forks, spoons, any small object that is hard to hold. They work wonderfully. -Tina

No comments: