Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Family news

Ruby's little white dog Angel had three puppies yesterday afternoon...two are brown/white and one is white.

They called me when she went into labor and we got her settled down behind some chairs, and I stayed with her until the second puppy came (we worry about obstructed labor since she is small, but she seems to do okay), when a thunderstorm started.

The bad news is that I had left my laptop on when I ran upstairs to help the dog... I ran down to turn it off, and found the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.
Sigh. Will have to work on it today, I guess.

But while in my room, I heard the cry of one of our two-month-old kittens, and found it in a two inch puddle right outside the room. Mama cat had started to carry the kitties into our ceiling space and dropped her on the way out. Luckily, I got her out before she drowned or the dogs found her, but I got soaked in the process.

So today, all kittens and puppies are okay.
And Blackie, Lolo's dog, is large and miserable...she'll probably be the next one to go into labor. Right now she's sleeping in my easy chair...
(And yes, we fixed her, but it didn't take.)

Today it is cloudy, and we are waiting for the rain from the next typhoon, which is supposed to hit tomorrow...

No comments: