Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hackers strike again

Hackers got into the research organization for climate change, and have posted them on line...

The UKTelegraph tells why this is such a bombshell: emails such as this one that denies there was a medieval warming period:
……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back…

And I checked: although the hacker's site has been taken down, You can find the emails at the Pirate Bay...

Yes, I believe in climate change; Personally, I would love to figure out why Minnesota is no longer under 200 feet of glacial ice, or why the 4200 year event destroyed early civilizations.

and yes, I think that one needs to cut down greenhouse gases and switch to non petroleum sources of power.
But I also think that it is being hyped to scare people into a larger agenda that will allow some people to tell us how to live, and let others make lots of money from it.


And until this worry is addressed, a lot of us will oppose the green dictators.

No comments: