Sunday, February 26, 2012

Audiobook of the week

The old Durant series "the Story of Civilization" is now on Internet Archives, as an audiobook.

In the US, I had most of the series (bought used) and brought three of them with me here to the Philippines. They cover not only history but culture and ideas that are important to understanding the history.

Not all the series is available, but you can find Links to the series in audio or ebooks HERE.

Yes, I know: They are not always up to date and some historians disagree with them, but for ordinary folks, they are worth listening to.

And this one (which I downloaded since it's not one of the volumes I brought with me) seems to be an audiobook rather than a computor generated audiobook.

They are M4B type audiobooks, but I usually just convert them to mp3 or ogg for my mp3 player.

No comments: