Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stuff below the fold

so you think the big fight is Obama vs the bishops.
A bigger question is Obama vs Mother Angelica...EWTN is a church related businesses that self insures... and what about individuals who don't want to pay for what they oppose?

----------------------------------------
Well, it could be worse: The proposed RH bill on the Philippines will fine you 200 dollars if you "maliciously" criticize the bill.

----------------------
Could the Killer Lake be turned into a source of energy?

--------------------------
Preparing for Captain Trips:

would closing schools be a way to limit flu epidemics?

-----------------------------
The Science of Pony Tails.

------------------------------
Attend college on line, get credit.

First Mythgard, now MIT.

and for high school math or basic economics, try Khan academy

there are a lot of colleges that are now putting their lectures on line, either at iTunesU or now at Youtube. Most are introductory courses, and few offer college credit, but it is a good way to learn something new. (I have several good ones linked on the side panel).

my latest discovery: the University of Houston has a course on the Vikings that I just started. They also have one on Pirates and another on the CIA that I haven't gotten around to, but that sound interesting.

yes, there are also a lot of science and medical courses on line, but I've studied them one way or another for 50 years, so now that I'm retired, I am able to catch up on the liberal arts courses I couldn't take in college because I was a science major.

No comments: