Sunday, February 10, 2013

Catching up on reading

UK Mail reviews a book to be released next week, and suggests that the State Deparment and the CIA were left out of the loop on Benghazi...

(Deputy National Security Advisor) John Brennan also ran a highly compartmentalized program out of the White House in regard to weapons transfers, and Stevens would not have been trusted with that type of information. Stevens likely helped consolidate as many weapons as possible after the war to safeguard them, at which point Brennan exported them overseas to start another conflict.
 Oh yes: And the CIA types ousted Petreus because they didn't like his management style.-
If this is true, it explains why no one in the press was allowed to interview the many survivors who were hidden in West German hospitals after the attack...

----------------------------
Lots of stuff about the UK health system problems:

Ask the nurses, says the UKMail:
Nurses elsewhere endlessly repeat this complaint. Everything has to be documented. Everything is driven by ‘performance targets’ which have to be audited. Meg Wainwright, 59, trained at St Bartholomew’s in London in the Seventies. She says that on today’s wards, ‘the amount of administration and paperwork involved is overwhelming. If you fill in all the paperwork, you haven’t got time to care’.
Actually, this is nothing new: When I had major surgery at a time line Boston hospital, it was rare for me to see a nurse, except when I got pain pills. They gave two every six hours, which knocked me out, but if I took one it stopped working at three hours. So I  merely swallowed one and palmed the second one.
And when I walked (myself: no help here, thank you) I kept getting questions in the hallway from other patients who found out I was a doctor and had questions about their own medical problems. So where were the nurses? Documenting everything on their brand new computers....

And if you think this is bad, just wait til Obama care gets in. Think IHS medicine for the masses. (Yes, IHS, not NHS: I worked for the IHS, and sometimes quip that I worked in two African countries that were having wars, but the only place I was shot at was when someone shot my window out with a high powered rifle on a Sioux reservation that will be nameless.) Luckily, my back was out so I was flat on the floor and didn't get hit by the shattering glass...

-------------------------------
I love David Attenborough's specials, but you know, when 3 million people have been killed or died of war related disease in Central Africa, I really am not that sorrowful about the rhinos. And the dirty little secret is that if they got rid of the tsetse fly and promoted green agriculture, Africa could feed the world.

Luckily for Africans, China doesn't listen to the tree huggers and is doing just that.

------------------------------------------
A snail and a caterpillar come to face to face in Batam, IndonesiaPicture: Shikhei Goh / Barcroft Medi
Hello There.

No comments: