Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oscars? What Oscars

You'd think that it would be easy to find who won the oscars for what on the web, but most of the stories seem to be lauding Mrs. Obama, who seems to be hogging the spotlight in the headlines.

Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that the wife of a president who abandoned diplomatic personnel in Benghazi to present an Oscar to celebrate a film about diplomatic personnel abandoned in Iran by a previous administration (and saved thanks to....Canada?).

At least I saw Argo: (oh yes: and Les Mis).... the rest I will have to wait til they hit HBO.

---------------------------------------------------
As for "life of pi": I hear it is a beautiful story and well directed.... my problem is that I read the end of the book after buying the damn novel, and found out that the whole story was a cheat, a romantic story deliberately made up by the boy to cover up a crime.

I know why the elites loved the story: because it made God into nothing but a fantasy to help people cope.



"So tell me, since it makes no factual difference to you and you can't prove the question either way, which story do you prefer? Which is the better story, the story with animals or the story without animals?" Mr. Okamoto: "That's an interesting question..." Mr. Chiba: "The story with animals."
Mr. Okamoto: "Yef. The story with animals is the better story."
Pi Patel: "Thank you. And so it goes with God."

Of course, as I have said earlier, any cop hearing the first romantic story and the boy instantly telling the second story when they don't believe him, would figure that there was a third story not being told....

Yes, get rid of God as reality, and voila, truth doesn't matter....

No comments: