Sunday, July 07, 2013

Bunny Team Six


The Navy Seals who harass terrorists have nothing on the USDA:

Last weekend, I wrote about the US Department of Agriculture’s Bunny Team Six. USDA has sent hither swarms of Officers (as some guy once said) to check that children’s magicians have fully compliant emergency plans (in writing) in the event that their bunny is caught in a natural or man-made disaster.
more here:

“You won’t believe what the USDA has come up with now,” Hahne wrote in an email message late Friday afternoon. If this wasn’t so stupid, it would be funny!”

He went on to share details about his continued harassment by the USDA — all for using a three-pound rabbit in his magic act:

My USDA rabbit license requirement has taken another ridiculous twist. I just received an 8 page letter from the USDA, telling me that by July 29 I need to have in place a written disaster plan, detailing all the steps I would take to help get my rabbit through a disaster, such as a tornado, fire, flood, etc. They not only want to know how I will protect my rabbit during a disaster, but also what I will do after the disaster, to make sure my rabbit gets cared for properly.  I am not kidding–before the end of July I need to have this written rabbit disaster plan in place, or I am breaking the law.
 In a reply to Hahne, I suggested he put a tag around his rabbit’s neck that spells out the plan (i.e., “kill, cook, eat”) for anyone who finds his rabbit after a disaster. 

No comments: