Sunday, October 02, 2016

Cat day

I have two half grown rescued kittens in my spare bedroom that are wandering around, and the mama Cat from across the street who had three kittens in Ruby's closet, plus a couple (6 or 7) other visiting cats who found they could get free food in the spare bedroom and visit on and off, including two who look very pregnant.

So I just put all the cats out in the garden and closed the windows of the bedroom tightly. We can feed them out there, and I won't have to buy and have the maid clean cat litter all the time.

I don't mind a few cats, but some of the kittens and some of the visitors are female, so if I don't do something, it will be like the Startrek Enterprise when it got filled with Tribbles....

It makes me understand why some people become cat ladies and other people hate cats.

Here, you can always give away puppies, but feral cats are a problem so often people throw them into a nearby vacant lot to survive on their own...

Usually we catch and send the kittens from our mama cats to the farm to keep down the mice, but most of these cats are feral and hard to catch...

and in other news: Two of the small dogs are pregnant too....

No comments: