Monday, March 20, 2017

Beauty and the beast: good or bad?

Ruby was supposed to go watch Beauty and the Beast yesterday but I think they had to postpone it due to scheduling problems and a crowded cinema.

If she goes at a time when the cinema is less crowded, I might actually go with her to see it, but I suspect I will have to wait until it is on HBO or on sale at the palenke for 50 pesos next week. (The Palenke black market vendors often have hit movies within a week of the opening in Manila).

I read a couple of bad reviews by "sophisticated" reviewers who disliked the remake, but I wondered if they just disliked fairy tales...

In contrast, (Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 70) and K Ru not only liked it but says it answered some of the holes of the plot.

Disney
----

update: I did manage to get to see it: Full review here.

No comments: