Monday, February 14, 2005

hello from Nueva Ecija

So here we are in the fragrant Philippine Islands.
Our small town is growing. And our son is turning the small house and compound into a mansion with meeting rooms etc. for guests and visitors for his work in human development/character cities.
And so I go around singing nostalgically: I wanna go back to my little grass shack (yes I know, it was a shack in Hawaii)...and our house was never a grass shack, although my husband's original home is still intact, with the traditional raised flooring to protect it from monsoons.
Ah, modern globalization. No near by mcdonalds, but a Jolibee and mall nearby, and when we "jog" every morning, a dozen other people are doing the same thing around the city square.
When things get more efficient, I will post photos.
No broadband yet here, but they do have DSL and I'm trying to get us connected...

No comments: