Saturday, July 30, 2005

Gloria: CHA CHA to CON ASS

The wags have called noted that Gloria's Call to CHArter CHAnge is now called CON ASS for Constitutional Assembly...

Forbes notes she is the 4th most powerful woman in the world, but she is losing popularity polls here: NewsAsia says 2/3 want her to leave in one poll, but a MB poll of Manila shows only 41 percent want her to leave...here the "bean poll" shows about 75percent want her to leave, and I suspect if the poll was held in the Palenke rather than in the upscale supermarket it would be higher...

In the meanwhile, we have a Dengue fever outbreak in N.E., and they are spraying the open sewer drainage ditches...
TH
Finally, I suspect the NYTimes won't have editorials like THIS on it's editorial page:


TWO parish priests were discussing about how they share the Sunday collection with their assistant priests. "That’s easy," the younger priest said. "For me, I draw a big circle on the floor. I toss all the monies up in the air and what fall inside is mine; what fall outside goes to my assistant." With a big circle, obviously only a few fall outside!

"And you?" asked the younger one, "How do you share your collection?" "My system is simpler but more effective," bragged the older priest. "I simply toss up all the monies in the air. What goes up is for my assistant, and what comes down is for me."

No comments: