Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hannibal!

No, not Hannibal Lector: The curly headed African who almost destroyed Rome with his elephants.

I am working my way through University of Berkeley's history of Modern Europe, and just figured out how to download Stanford University Podcasts without an IPOD or ITunes.
The bad news: the downloads keep messing up my RSS feed, so I put it into Rhythmbox, which downloads and then tells me it fails. But if I ask Rhythmbox what is the property of the MP4, it gives me a link to paste into Firefox, which then asks me if I want to listen or download it, and voila, instant podcast.


The history of 19th century of Germany, with unification is interesting and includes a lot of information on kulturkampf that I didn't know.

So now I'm downloading the history of Hannibal from Stanford, since it meshes with another Berkeley course and Mike Duncan's history of Rome Podcast.

Just some links for those who want to learn...

No comments: