Sunday, August 04, 2013

I'm not sure I like this reasoning

NYTime editorial tells you why you have to buy insurance whether or not you want to:

It's the only way it will work economically.

it's robbing peter to pay paul: You need healthy people to pay up so the those in poor health can be given free medical care. Sort of like a tax.

but it still bothers me: I dislike being told I have to do something.

Make it a tax to pay for medical care, no problem.

Tell me what I will have to buy for my own insurance, and wait a second: It's none of your damn business.

Of course, I live in the Philippines, and have my own policy. I was told I get Medicaid automatically at age 65, but it doesn't pay for medical care here. I was also told I can get Part b to cover doctor's visits, but again it doesn't pay here so I didn't apply.

for local problems, I have PhilHealth: The American policy is for big things, or if I get sick visiting the USA.

No comments: