Sunday, April 06, 2014

For later reading

WaPost article about that raid I posted about a day or two ago: on the raid of a private museum...
Sheesh. I wonder if I can prove I got all my "artifacts" legally (mainly gifts from my Indian patients) ? one doc who was arrested in Utah got a lot of his from his patients, and the trauma of the arrest etc led to his suicide...

Hope my storage area in the US doesn't get raided.

---------------------------------
Tech republic names five alternative web browsers. (via Instapundit)

I use Opera (not on their list) and have for awhile, mainly because firefox was freezing all the time when I went to youtube, a problem that got even worse with my new computer...

Of course, given the state of the world, maybe I should switch to Tor, the favorite web browser of insurgencies and perverts.

--------------------------------------------------

Maria Elena at TeaAtTrianon reviews Noah, and liked it. Hmm...maybe I will see it after all.

Or maybe not: Lolo no longer hears well enough to go to films, and often Ruby sees them with friends. If she knows I am a big fan, I go with her, however.

-------------------------------
Mummies had heart disease too..
and these are 4000 year old mummies, not those from Roman times.
Last year, CT scans of 137 mummies showed evidence of atherosclerosis, or hardened arteries, in one third of those examined - including those from ancient people believed to have healthy lifestyles.
'Heart disease has been stalking mankind for over 4,000 years all over the globe,' said Dr Randall Thompson, a cardiologist at Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute in Kansas City and the 2013 paper's lead author.
Dr Thompson said he was surprised to see hardened arteries even in people like the ancient Aleutians who were presumed to have a healthy lifestyle as hunter-gatherers.


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2596856/Mummies-heart-disease-CT-scans-ancient-Egyptians-reveal-clogged-arteries-just-like-people-today.html#ixzz2y6maMhOK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


Guess too many McDonalds in AlAmarna.
------------------------------------




No comments: