Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Drunk Shrimp

I'm sort of flat due to a local monsoon ( you think hurricane Rita is the only problem?)

It's planning to hit only northern Luzon, so we're safe...but whenever the low pressure is around my arthritis puts me in bed...and Fred serves me gormet things to make me happy...

InOurKitchen blogspot has a Drunk shrimp recipe worth using for such days...


2 pounds of Fresh Shrimps
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat the olive oil and saute' the ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add the shrimp, toss, add the wine, cover and steam until cooked. Season with salt & Pepper and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with steamed rice....

Bon Appetit

and, continuing on the typhoon/hurricane topic, Pilgrim'sPotsAndPans has an entry about New Orleans and Filippino shrimpers...

LINK
LINK2