Saturday, September 10, 2005

Lucky you

I had a long post with links of people helping people...but then when I went to post, I found blogger was down for maintainance, and then my computer crashed...

The only story I remember is that the Confederate Air Force of Midland Texas (which now has a new PC name, which I can't remember) was using some of their antique planes to help bring in supplies...

There was also another story, from a reporter from a Florida paper, who proclaimed how expertly Cuba did their evacuations...she even had a quote from John Egeland of the UN---you know, the one who always bitches the USA won't give him money for tsunami victims---who praised Cuba because a huge evacuation had no deaths...now if you believe that, John, I know a nice bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell to you...

You see, if you have statistics on any large number of people even sitting in their living rooms, statistically there will be deaths. And if you have one million people evacuated, there will be deaths: some just because people die, but also due to stress, heat, accidents etc...

No comments: