Friday, November 18, 2005

Back on line

Well, after ten days of no telephone, we are back on line.
And I see there is only political spinning in the US papers...Gloria is in Korea being Miss Congeniality...hello garci tapes still not answered.
We had a small "regional conference" here for my stepson's religious group...consisting of three families listening to some affluent preachers teaching...well, I don't know what they were preaching, because after taking Benadryl for a terrible cough, they didn't make sense...something about surrender (Translation: Wives obey your husbands) and how God will make you successful if you follow certain rules (and buy our book and take our seminars)....
It was enough to make me an athiest...but then one of the wives kept asking whether or not I would go to heaven...it seems I didn't say the magic words right, so am going to hell...and she said if I did, I would find peace and be assured of salvation.... I almost replied that if I wanted peace I'd take a valium, thank you, and that my duty was to work and pray and not to worry about pie in the sky when I die...
Guess I'll be stuck in Catholic purgatory for a long time...luckily, although in my stepson's heaven "there is no beer" (as the old song goes), in Catholic purgatory the bars are open 24 hours a day....

No comments: