Monday, November 07, 2005

Teenager in a 53 year old body

"I have no complaints about my personal life," she says in her stately Georgetown home, where the decor ranges from a pink jukebox to an expensively restored Hungarian portrait of a partially disrobed woman. "I get asked out. I don't know how much more I'd get asked out if guys weren't scared of me..."

...says Dowd, women expect male suitors to pay, are obsessed with looks, sport "plastic breasts," and "appointments with dermatologists are the new status symbols. It's hard to find women to talk about books and politics. They all want to talk about skin."

Hmmm. make you wonder where she is living...

Maybe she should volunteer for the cleanup in Biloxi...might give her something else to do with her time...

"...Watching students act with compassion energizes Mayes. “I love this,” he said. “When you give of your time, money and energy for charity, it makes you a different person. This is one of the best experiences you can get in college; learning to give instead of take. They will never be the same, I’m sure.”