Thursday, December 29, 2005

Humpty Dumpty

I checked Dustbury blog to see if he was near the fires in Oklahoma, and he says nothing about them...

But he does have a link to a site explaining the facts behind nursery rhymes...

Then I went to Ragemonkey, and again, no note of the fires, but a link to the recipe for the fruitcake from heaven (or hell, if you hate Christmas Fruitcake)...

I've been thru grassfires when I lived in Idaho, and they tend to be local and lowgrade, but then you have to remember that I lived in New Mexico the year that state burned down...and we had a forest fire a couple miles away...indeed, our fire hardly made the news, because Los Alamos was burning down...

Hmmm...come to think of it, a lot of disasters happened in places where I've worked, either while I was there or shortly after I left...the Red River Flood, the Oklahoma City bombing, two African wars, a major school shooting...

Nothing yet in the Philippines, however...

No comments: