Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Coverup, grandmom!

A couple months back, Manolo had a discussion on "coverup" swimsuits...well the WAPO ridicules the idea here...but HERE is the actual website she is discussing.
There are actually several outlets that provide attractive and conservative suits. PuebloTraders has long sold shortskirt swimsuits popular with the little old ladies...And LandEnd has special suits for another problem: Post mastectomy patients.

The WAPO reporter thinks bikinis are "liberating" but for us "full figure" gals, unless they have a bikini with a support bra and a long line girdle, flopping about does not make one feel confident and attractive...I usually wear a classic suit from Lands End, but since I tend to sunburn severely, I have to wear a teeshirt over my swimsuit to prevent severe sunburn...and when I get out of the pool, add a sarong to protect my legs.

GetReligion's opinion is HERE...includes links to other sites including this list of links at Amazon for modest swimsuits...

No comments: