Friday, May 25, 2007

Family news

We were late in planting the dry season rice, and the farmers finished the harvest yesterday, and it was poor. Of course, we grow organic, so it is lower than using regular fertilizer/herbicide. But the other bad news is that the rainy season has started early--evening rain three times in the last week, so we are worried the rice will not dry properly. Sigh.

This morning at 4 am I work due to a dog crying, and then all the dogs started to whine. At first, I thought it was a puppy fell into a hole, but instead found that the motherdog had dug a cave in the soft ground to have her puppies, and a rock tumbled in pinning her at the neck.
This would be the third litter since we had her "fixed". Guess it didn't work.
----Update: Six puppies. One white, two black and four brown. She finally found a "hole" beneath the cubbyhole shelf with our "mama Mary" shrine.
---------------

Lolo still coughs but is better now, and he is jogging every morning.

I finally found my receipt and emailed Dell, so they will send me my backup windows discs, probably to Bennie at work. A virus ate my programs and I accidentally deleted the partition when I tried to remove it. I got the computer working by fixing it with an old windows disk from my Gateway laptop, but Microsoft wants money now or they say the software will destruct in thirty days. Sigh.

No comments: