Saturday, August 23, 2008

Family news update


Florinda and Angie were supposed to have flown out to Chicago last night...

Lolo and I are back to jogging each morning. We have to go early, since the one hour "TaiBao" exercize class starts at five, and the plaza is full of kicking young ladies (and a few young men).

It is the Tsineles feista again...so lots of six foot shoes all over town, and the plaza was still full of teenagers who had been to the dance/party last night in the plaza.

I should note for non family readers that there is a "one town/one product" idea of craft industry here, and our town's industry is sandals, usually made of high quality plastics, and quite pretty.

Poor people usually wear the cheap "flip flops" for everyday, but the sandals are a nice alternative for school and church.

Alas, my feet are too big, so I usually have to buy shes and clothing in the department stores. Right now I am wearing my former dressup leather soft sandals for every day...after three years, I figure it's time to put them to daily use. I also have Birkenstocks, of course, but they are hard to walk quickly in, so I save them for around the house. For jogging, I wear sneakers. Lolo and I are the same size...

No comments: