Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family news

Two weeks ago, I rescued two kittens who wandered in.
Animal lovers should not move to the Philippines, because feral dogs and cats live terrible lives, and with the Palenke down the street, we end up with kittens wandering in once or twice a year. The bad news is that our dogs kill small animals (mainly huge rats that also wander in) including kittens and even full grown cats.

So I kept the kittens in our spare bedroom.

No cat litter here, and we know from experience that dirt just doesn't stop that terrible odor.

So today, to clean the spare bedroom, I moved them to the shed behind the kitchen. And when it started to pour rain, I went to get them and they had disappeared.

We looked and looked all three of us got soaked looking for them.

But late this afternoon, I heard one outside. We have a wall, but there are holes in it that small animals can get through. I checked, and no cat.

But as suppertime arrived, the cook and I went out calling "ming" which is how we call cats here...and sure enough, a meow...the one cat had wandered next door into the wire mesh surrounded air conditioning unit. We had to get the supervisor to open it and rescue her.

But we still heard another meow, and couldn't find her...so ten minutes later, I went out with the gardener, and low and behold, she was across the street in the weeds surrounding the city garage. So we brought them home.

Lolo must have prayed quite hard to find our wandering cats, but they were lost and now they'r found.

No comments: