Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stuff below the fold

Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That wants it down.'...
-Robert Frost.


HeritageKey lists the top 10 Roman walls in the UK

Hadrian's wall is the most famous of course, but check out the Arch and Colchester's original city wall....


-----------------

Home Sanctuary is running a series on how to organize your housework.

As a doc, I usually recommended my patients to start with a half hour putting things into perspective by reading a wise book, and then thinking about the lessons.

----------------------------

Physiology article of the day: The science of Hula hooping.
-------------------------

One of my podcasts pointed out that the ancient Egyptians had an alphabet but used hieroglyphs with it, because they respected the past and never discarded anything.

Well, the modern equivalent is Chinese and Japanese, and the thousands of ancient fonts can be found HERE.
and check out LINK for translation by machine.

-----------------------

The Lost city of Z and an explorer who disappeared...


--------------------

No comments: