Monday, June 21, 2010

Stuff below the fold

Hmmm...a city of the Hyksos has been dug up in northern Egypt.
Wikipedia has more here. Josephus the ancient historian says they were outside invaders, but Manetho the ancient historian some modern scholars posit them as the Jews of the Exodus.

----------------------------
The Tolkien Professor has lectures at website and entire course at Itunes, which is pretty good.

---------------------------
Natural Insect repellants.

I've tried everything...OFF usually works if I put it on constantly, but I hate to do that. Avon skinsosoft also works...but who wants to slather oneself three times a day?
Maybe I should use garlic, Vitamin B, or (if I could buy it here) Marmite...
----------------------------------

A natural nuclear reactor?

-------------------
via Dave Barry:
The heck with futbol: real men play rugby

----------------------------------------
and finally: The LOLCAT picture of the day:
funny pictures
moar funny pictures

No comments: