Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chicken soup recipes

My "chicken soup" recipe when I had boys was to brown a chicken with onions, celery, carrots and then add water and boil. If I was working, I would place it into a slow cooker to stew all day...and when I got home it was done, so I would either add "minute rice" or flat noodles and cook until these were done (five to 10 minutes)...

Don't ask me the recipe...I added spices and salt for taste.
But other folks are more organized:

Yum...creamy chicken sopas RECIPE HERE

or how about Korean Chicken vegetable soup using udon noodles...LINK

Cooking with Alia has a recipe here that uses chickpeas, called Chicken chorba. She has a tutorial on how to cook it on YOUTUBE.

if you want to make the noodles by hand, check out the tutorial at LAFUJIMAMA

a typical Pinoy chicken soup is Tinolong chicken with papaya and ginger.



the reason that it doesn't include rice or noodles in the soup is because here we traditionally dish the ingredients and some of the soup onto a huge mountain of rice on our plate, and if any broth is left over, we drink it after we eat.

and yes, we use either pots or a huge wok for cooking here in the Philippines, not frying pans.

No comments: