Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Opposing the bank bail out

I always thought the Tea Party started as an outgrowth of the Porkbusters, opposing bad fiscal management by Bush, and then expanded under Obama to protest the bail outs and unneeded social spending and explosion of trivial business regulations under him.

Editorial on how the US bailed out the banks, including some outside the US.

Now, it seems that the bail outs are being scrutinized by Rolling Stone

and Bernie Sanders is mad...as is Elizabeth Warren, who may oppose Teaparty candidate Brown for Mass Senator.

Yeah, better to ban transfats, and close down organic milk sellers and lemonade stands. Reminds me of Harry Truman who said that the James brothers were "pikers" next to the big shots who looted the railroads for millions and got away with it.

Don't ask me, I'm a doctor, but having lived through the inflation of Carter (where most of my hard earned savings lost half their worth) I figure the next step is a hidden superinflation to lower the deficit.

and you might want to check out Dr. Coburn's Pork Report.

No comments: