Thursday, October 20, 2011

Learn something new every day

Learn something new every day is the way to stay young.

So over the weekend, I downloaded a TV series (I often download TV shows, because they are either not on our channels or so we can watch them when we want to see them) to watch, and later found the download was a PAL iso, which won't play on our DVD player, although I could watch it on the computer. Alas, my software wouldn't rip it to AVI either.

So I googled and found this advice, used the free program to peak into the instructions to change it to our type of DVD....neat. Ready to burn...

But I don't need the high resolution film, so once I had changed the instructions, my dvd ripper would actually rip it back to the avi, so I can save space by ripping the series onto one disc.


yes, I know: Any 10 year old like Ruby knows such things already, but I'm still learning about computers and P2P stuff...

No comments: