Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stuff below the fold

Audiobook of the day: Ramona...

---------------------------
via TeaAtTrianon:

was Downton Abby once an Abby? Yes.

Henry VIII did a "twofer" when he confiscated the monasteries: Got rid of the religious opposition and rewarded his cronies by giving them their land and houses.

------------------------

I often put podcasts to play to go to sleep, and the talks usually keep out the noises of dogs and our water pump so I can sleep.
Usually I chose lectures or podcasts that are low on my priority list for this, but last night, when I woke up this podcast was running, and I found it really fascinating.

It a podcast about the place of literature in life, discussing Malcolm Guite’s ‘Stations of the Cross’ Sonnets which can be found HERE.

no, I'm not a poet: like Merry and Pippin I can't live on
such a high plane for very long, but I am glad that it exists and I know a little about such things.
-------------------------------------------

Military history: Music loving war horses:

----------------------------
You now can buy a Smartphone controlled rice cooker.

--------------------------

Marmageddon!

New Zealand is out of Marmite.

(headsup HarryGumption and Dave Barry)

------------------

Beware of the evil refrigerator!

At a summit held by the CIA’s venture capitalist firm In-Q-Tel, the agency’s Director David Petraeus discussed how “smart homes” may someday be rigged to provide intelligence officials with details about someone’s whereabouts by collecting geo-location data.

------------------------------------

No comments: