Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Family news

I put my Dell on "hibernate" and now it won't boot. Will take it to the repair shop one of these days. I have two backup computers but both of them have problems with the electrical wire, which has to be replaced. So I am surfing the net with my tablet computer.

The problem with the tablet is that I touchtype so find it hard to "seek and peck", not to mention that my fingers are larger than the keys.

On NewYears night, we tried to go to sleep, but all the dogs (and one of the cats) came into our bedroom for safety. When the fireworks went off with their loud "Bangs" mamma dog kept pawing me to comfort her, and kept waking me up. Luckily our killer Lab, George, was so frightened and hiding under the bed with PapaDog (AKA BadBrad) so he didn't bother to try to kill the cat, which was sleeping on our bed.

New Years Day was quiet. Chano and Ruby planned to cook us supper, but all the grocery stores were closed (and most of the Palenke closed early). So instead we went to KFC. We were planning to go to Luz restaurant, which has a buffet of Philippine dishes, but they were closed....then Lolo then wanted to go to NErestaurant at the mall (another restaurant that specializes in local dishes), but Ruby and I outvoted him, so we ate at KFC and Chano ran down to NE to get stews and veggies from there for Lolo. And we ate everything...

FYI: Here they serve rice, not stuffing or fries, with their "one piece meal". But they gave us an extra dish of gravy...we also got flavored fries and mushroom soup on the side, and Chano ate a wrap sandwich. 












No comments: