Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Quotes of the day

David Warren quotes a comment to his article on miracles (or rather the lack of signs and wonders).

“As far as signs and portents, … it is once again St John of the Cross who grounded me  as I was finding my way back to the Church. He said God gave us our intelligence for a reason, and we should not be petitioning Him for signs and wonders, not that God does not sometimes give them, but we can so easily misinterpret them. So it is best to leave them alone or take them to a spiritual adviser or let God clarify them in His way and time. …
“One other good thing St John taught me is that faith is not feeling.”
I think I've seen two miracles in 36 years of practice, and about one a year get the impression in my heart that God wants me to do something (I was going to write "hear" but it wasn't hearing, but a small still voice). But many times in my life, I saw the "coincidences"...

One thing that Tolkien taught me is that God works in coincidences.

--------------------------------

First they came for the fetus: Rev Sensing points out the next step: After birth abortion.

No surprise there: They already do it in Belgium. Except in Belgium the kid has to be sick. Not so in this article:

... Abortions at an early stage are the best option, for both psychological and physical reasons. However, if a disease has not been detected during the pregnancy, if something went wrong during the delivery, or if economical, social or psychological circumstances change such that taking care of the offspring becomes an unbearable burden on someone, then people should be given the chance of not being forced to do something they cannot afford.
 Yes, if you have economical problems, just throw out the kid.






-------------------------------------------


No comments: