Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The alphabet for those over 65

 New  Alphabet :
A
 is  for apple,  and B is  for  boat,
 
 That  used to be right, but now it won't  float!
 
 Age  before beauty is what we once  said,
 
But  let's be a bit more realistic  instead. 
Now The Alphabet: 
A's
 for  arthritis, B's the  bad  back, C's the  chest  pains, perhaps  car-di-ac?
D 
is  for dental decay and  decline, E is  for eyesight, can't read that top  line!
 
 F is  for fissures and fluid  retention, G is  for gas which I'd rather not  mention. 
H
 high  blood pressure--I'd rather it  low, I for  incisions with scars you can  show.
 
J is  for joints, out of socket, won't  mend, K is  for knees that crack when they  bend.
 
L 's  for libido, what happened to  sex? M is  for memory, I forget what comes  next.
 
N is  neuralgia, in nerves way down  low, O is  for osteo, bones that don't  grow! 
P
 for  prescriptions, I have quite a  few,  just  give me a pill and I'll be good as  new!
 
Q is  for queasy, is it fatal or  flu? R is  for reflux, one meal turns to  two. 
S 
is  for sleepless nights, counting my  fears, T is  for Tinnitus; bells in my  ears!
 
U is  for urinary; troubles with  flow; V for  vertigo, that's 'dizzy,' you  know. 
W for  worry, now what's going  'round? X is  for X ray, and what might be  found.
 
 Y for  another year I'm left here  behind, Z is  for zest I still have-- in my  mind! 
I've survived all the  symptoms, my body's  deployed, 
 And  I'm keeping twenty-six doctors fully  employed.

HAVE A GREAT DAY  !
 

No comments: