Sunday, April 19, 2015

Family news

I attended 5:30 am mass (when it is still cool) and visited the cemetary to leave flowers on Lolo's and his mother's grave.

Dita, our cook, goes with me, since the rest of the family goes to a pentecostal type church to sing and dance at 10am.

Got home and checked facebook, and found five "Jesus" type messages on it, mostly posted by my grandkids, but also by my son...hmm...wonder if he is going pious on me.

I stand with Martha: who told off Jesus when her holy sister was sitting around listening to Jesus instead of getting her hands dirty fixing supper.

 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

hmm...well, I suspect that Martha was too polite to reply, or else said something that the (male) writer left out.

I am still very very angry at the lack of help when Lolo was dying, and that it took Angie to intervene to get me any help at night.

Sigh. Must control anger...must control anger.

anyway, along with the "Jesus saves" on Facebook, there is also a link on Mama Mary in Gapan (fiesta coming up). Alas, there are also links about the violence against Zimbabweans working in South Africa (in my prayers), a discussion about Wonder Woman's bustierre, and posts about the Chicago Bulls (where most of Lolo's relatives live).

and my post of the day: For my "religious relatives"   who figure I am going to hell for not believing in their church, I posted this:






No comments: