Wednesday, March 22, 2017

the church of what's happening now

Virtue on line reviews the Shack. Theologically confusing, and gee, that god/godess insists he/she would never punish evildoers (like the guy who kidnapped and killed the protagonist's daughter).


In another chapter, "Papa" corrects Mack's theology by asserting, "I don't need to punish people for sin. Sin is its own punishment, devouring you from the inside. It's not my purpose to punish it; it's my joy to cure it." 
yes, love is never having to say you're sorry... "who am I to judge"... sounds familiar.

"Who am I to judge": "God made me that way and loves me anyway". Yup. Sounds familiar. (Long story, but we are the bad guys for not agreeing).

Uh, reality check: sociopaths don't feel guilt and narcissists can blame the sin on someone else, and "true believers" (aka SJW) only see social sin, not their own sins.

calling Detective Kenda. Calling Detective Kenda.

----------------------------

but as actor Kevin O'Brien laments: This "touchy feel-y we are all good people rah rah rah" idea has spread to a lot of Catholic churches.

the heart of the homily was this: enthusiasm!  We need to leave our water jars behind and go spread the news about Jesus, as the Woman at the Well did.  We won't be able to help it!  When we encounter Jesus we will be so excited that we'll just have to spread the word!  We won't be able to hold it in!  Apparently, we'll just leave our water jar behind go and start to constantly chatter - like the people were doing before Mass started.
Enthusiasm and happy happy happy let's spread Jesus.

 Christ died, people believe, not to redeem us or reform us, and certainly not to call us to a greater and more awesome degree of maturity or completion as human beings, but to make us feel good about ourselves.

A lot more fun than actually serving god in the duties of one's daily life, by changing diapers, cooking and cleaning, or working at a boring job 8 hours a day to support your family.

So I had all these Christians around me happy happy, but only (after many many requests to hire someone) I finally was permitted to hire help to help me get up with Lolo in the middle of the night when he was dying. So excuse my sarcasm.

Yes, I am feeling snarky today.

We are going to try to (finally) get someone else to probate Lolo's will so his daughters and granddaughter get their fare share according to the will, and not allow the one designated to probate it take everything.

No comments: