Sunday, January 14, 2018

Language lesson for today

Trumpieboy is not the first president to use salty language:

There is a story that when Harry Truman was speaking at a Grange convention in Kansas City, Mrs. Truman and a friend were in the audience. 
Truman in his speech said, “I grew up on a farm and one thing I know—farming means manure, manure, manure, and more manure.”
At this, Mrs. Truman’s friend whispered to her, “Bess, why on earth don’t you get Harry to say fertilizer?”
“Good Lord, Helen,” replied Mrs. Truman, “You have no idea how many years it has taken me to get him to say manure.”
Bits and Pieces, April, 1991

source.

And Harry also threatened a member of the press with physical harm (for criticizing his daughter).


Mr. Hume:
I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert...
It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful...
Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!

No comments: