Sunday, May 12, 2019

Angels unaware

did you ever get an inner impulse to do something, such as give to a begger or stop to help someone?

Professor Podles relates his experience in this:


Ed was from a Croatian family. He told me that his grandmother and mother had instructed him always to be kind and polite to the poor, because Jesus and Mary wander the earth in the guise of poor persons to test how merciful we are.
When I was working and supporting a family of nine on 35,000 a year...  I walked past a deserted storefront. In the alcove an older woman and her dog were sitting. She was not begging, but merely petting her dog. I gave her a dollar. I walked away and I swear I felt a hand on my shoulder turning me around and a voice whispering not enough. I returned to her and gave her a twenty (which hurt). At that very moment a young man walked past and saw what I was doing and said God bless you. What was going on? I still wonder.

here, we see poverty but most locals have families so ask for help from family or come to the door to beg from rich families.

Sigh.

No comments: