Tuesday, November 26, 2019

They're BAAACK

not being satisfied by destroying cars and trucks, the Bad boys that were fired from the BBC are back... in boats.



one of the few shows that make me LOL...

and it's not pure narcissitic trivia: Here they are saving the world.

(a satire on the do gooders who use poor Africans as a prop to show they are wonderful, and who then go home and forget about it).

Here Clarkson discusses the inspiration for their show:

“Mozambique was very simple, I was watching an Anthony Bourdain show – I like Bourdain, I think he is a top chap – and he was doing this thing about how Mozambique has a contrast between rich and poor. Well not rich and poor as such, but the people are well nourished if they live by the ocean and they are not so well nourished if they live inland. So, I thought inland is only 200 miles, it is nothing, it is one side of Los Angeles to the other or London to Leeds, why do they not just get the fish from the coast, I mean how hard can it be? As it turns out, really hard, unbelievably hard. It appealed to me because it is a story and I like stories. 
yup. Reminds me of trips to vaccinate kids in remote villages when I was in Africa, or even bringing in supplies (our roads were dirt and sandy like they show).

But it also reminds me of here, after the rainy season going to our farm. In recent years, the main road is now paved so no problem, but the back roads are still dirt and you have to navigate roads like this to get the  supplies to the fields (e.g. fertilizer) or rice out. 



No comments: