Monday, December 16, 2019

Family news

the earthquake was in the southern Philippines so we are okay.

Joy was at a trade fair all weekend and Kuya was busy with the rice harvest: threshing, drying etc.

The church that meets in our meeting room had their Christmas party: gifts for the kids and a small meal for everyone (i.e.pancit).

We don't live in a gated community but in the town center, and so a lot of the local kids came for the freebies. The service is like those of the pentecostal type churches: Lots of nice singing.

No, I didn't go: My asthma is bad for some reason so I am staying indoors with the air filter on. I feel fine as long as I take anti histamines, but they make me sleepy: Even the "non sedating" types. Not bad enough for prednisone however.

I didn't go to church is because Kuya was busy, and our cook was attending a funeral of the father of one of our ex employees. Usually I attend at the mall which is airconditioned, or else I attend the bilingual/English language mass at the local church. But I never travel alone here for safety reasons, except to go to the stores nearby or to walk the dogs.

I sat around reading an old book I brought with me: The Planet buyer by Cordwainer Smith. I don't have part two, but found it on line so now I know how it end. Smith's books are subtle, and it helps if you have read his short stories so you understand the setting, with it's underpeople and instrumentality who run the place.


No comments: