Saturday, May 23, 2020

Family news: don't go inside of church

we are still on partial lockdown: one case in the next neighborhood and a teacher from Manila visited family in the next barangay and then in the our farm area so we are again on strict but partial lockdown.

The traffic is worse and some "non essential" businesses are open with limits on how many can be inside. And we are still on the two day shopping permissions, i.e. can only shop two days a week.

Sigh.

I am staying indoors most of the time until the monsoon starts, due to the heat I only go out in late afternoon to walk the dogs or in the early morning to walk around the garden.

churches are not open yet, and unless you have very good ventillation, e.g. open windows and doors so all of nature's creatures can enter in while the infected air can flow out, (or your air conditioning system treats the air with UV Light to clean the air) you are at risk.

the use of UV light is old, as I discussed in a post about two months ago: we used it over the doors in nurseries and we still have it in our hospitals here in the Philippines because TB...

 and I'm amazed that there have been only a few articles about this, but of course, maybe they are on technical sties: LINK



yes, even the hepafilter air purifier that I gave Joy to use has optional UV, although maybe not strong enough for viruses.

ah, but does it work for Covid?   probably. LINK

but it has side effects: If you get too much contact you get sunburn, and in time could get cataracts. (well, duh, isn't that less of a problem than dying? but never mind).

Sort of like the antivax hysteria that quoted "one third of people getting a new vaccine" got "severe" reactions: i.e a sore red arm where they got the shot.

Heck, we see this all the time with tetanus shots, and as for getting sick: Typhoid vaccine usually puts me to be for a day or two, but hey, ,better be sick than get typhoid. (no, I don't get sick from flu shots.)

Would I take a vaccine? If I'm still around when they give it out, probably. In the meanwhile, I'm avoiding the mall, grocery stores, and churches.

I still walk the dogs, and although George the killer Labrador has passed on to the cat killing fields in the sky, I walk with Barry, and he is big enough to get people to stay five feet away from me.

Barry is named after President O'bama, of course. A very nice dog, alas, who is not a very good watch dog because he's too friendly.

However, his smaller brother, Bruce (named after Bruce Willis), and their mama, a street dog that I rescued awhile back who we named Gigi, are aggressive however, and so I guess I am well protected.

No comments: