Saturday, May 16, 2020

Messy storm is over

The typhoon had decreased into a mere tropical storm last night: Lots of heavy rain, the roof leaking in the bathroom and dining room (not as bad as if it would be in the USA since we have cement tile floors, which are easy to clean up.)

No rain this morning but lots of broken branches and leaves to clean up. The cook said a lot of trees are down in some areas, mainly palm and banana trees,

It's not that hot but I kept the Aircon on all night to keep down the humidity because the humidity makes my asthma worse.

two black outs during the night; the first one I put out candles, but the second one was at 4 am so I didn't bother: It didn't last long and came after the storm had essentially passed, so I figured it was the city repairing the downed line, and even if it lasted, hey, dawn would come soon.

The shops are partly allowed to open today, but I doubt I will go out yet.

No comments: