Sunday, December 27, 2020

Family news

another Low pressure area over the Visayas leading to lots of rain here.

The roof in the dining room still leaks but not as badly since the handyman repatched it two days ago. But the drainage gutter must be blocked because it was leaking down my window and into my room... I controlled it with towels that I just changed when they got soaked, but it meant I was up for a few hours last night.

Then at 7 am, the transformer up the street exploded (It has done this twice in the past year...hmm. wonder why... I suspect shoddy parts.). So no electricity all day and we were on generator. But the mayor is good and so the city electric company got it repaired by 3 pm.

No, I didn't go to church, either today or on Christmas: as a senior I am not allowed in church, where the numbers inside are limited, and I'm too old to stand out in the parking lot for an hour. But I do miss the sacraments. Sigh.

Kuya goes to the farm to check things but he still has a bad back. Joy is busy doing her business. 

Christmas eve at midnight we had Noche Buena: this is the big feast traditionally eaten by the family after midnight mass (which of course I couldn't attend, but never mind). We had Pinoy style sphaghetti, BBQ pork and grilled Talapia along with the regular sweets etc.

No ham this year, and not a lot of side dishes since there were only the three of us celebrating this year. (family celebrations with extended family is discouraged).

No comments: