Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Family news

The latest typhoon stayed off the coast so only some rain and cloudiness. Kuya is trying to dry the last rice harvest, so hopefully it got dry before the afternoon thunderstorm (we plant and harvest fields one at a time so the harvest is spread out over time.. and this is the second harvest, the winter harvest, which requires irrigation which costs money. So the rain is good to keep the price down, but does interfere with sun drying...if it rains too much we need to pay a rice merchant to dry it mechanically).

Joy is still borrowing my computer, so I have pretty well been off line for the last week. Now she is complaining the computer is too "Slow"... I suspect there is a virus on it so am busy running a virus scan and will remove some unneeded and unwanted programs: Alas, she uses a lot of unknown programs so I have to be careful.

Well, anyway since my tax refund (small) came into my US account, I decided to buy a new computer...not an expensive one, but a basic Dell this time. And I'm busy filling it with my favorite programs which will probably make it slow.

The mayor got some Chinese vaccine and is giving it out for free to caregivers/ health care workers. Not yet for we elders  but the plan is that we get it next.

along with the vendors, tricycle drivers etc. who keep the place open. fast forward to ten minutes.

....

the bad news is that our cook says she won't get the vaccine because she doesn't want to die.
The anti vax disinformation is big on the social media, and she says this despite me and also Dr. Angi saying she needs to get a shot.

Ruby has had two shots and hopefully will be able to visit here for summer break (she is in college in the USA and hasn't been home in two years). Foreigners are now banned from entering the Philippines but local citizens can enter. 

Sigh.

No comments: