Tuesday, July 20, 2021

And now they are coming for ancient history

 I link to a lot of lectures on ancient history and antiquity.

Pretty apolitical right?

Then I ran across this:


....

more here:


On Facebook, History Can Violate Community Standards https://www.forbes.com/sites/petersuc...

notice that the excuse is that facebook is stopping "anti government extremists". whatever that means. 

I presume it means Republicans and blue dog democrats like myself who are not members of the extreme left. 

on the other hand, I stopped going to facebook because liberal friends kept posting rabid anti Catholic and anti Christian posts there: usually strawman arguments, often exaggerated, and usually condemning all believers as evil bigots who need to be censored or harassed, especially if you belong to a Christian church, even if you are African, Hispanic, or Asian.

What comes to my mind is when JFK said those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

No comments: